Jaci Sinkewicz is a self-taught glass artist, and graphic design hobbyist. She has been Lampworking since she was about 14 years old, and continues to love every minute on the torch. Recently she has started to create unique vinyl decal art for a wide range of applications indoors and out.
Her jewelry always is a tribute to the glass itself. It showcases and highlights the natural beauty of what was created in the flame. She creates small trinkets not limited to hand blown Lampwork Glass and jewelry, metal and leather. She also dabbles in mixed media art, abstract paintings and hipster chic accessories.
Her passion for glass began when she was on vacation on a tiny island in the Caribbean called Saba. There was a Glass Blower there named Jobean Chambers who had a little shop, and a torch set up blowing glass beads from long rods of glass. She had an apprentice who made tiny glass flying pigs... She spent hours of days watching until one day Jobean asked her if she wanted to try her hand at it. She was instantly hooked, and had made 2 small blue beads.
Years later she is still at it, creating whatever inspires her when the torch is lit. She draws inspiration from many places. Nature, fashion, unusual surroundings, and many times just listening to the glass, working with a molten flow of creativity.
Always Lampwork Glass Blowing Demonstrations ALL-DAY-EVERY-DAY
A taste of what’s coming this year:
- Thread Seam Rippers - Unique glass handled seam rippers for the sewer in your heart. Replaceable blade for life long use, and to pass down a generation or three...
- Business Card/Credit Card Holders - Hold your business cards or organize your purse with metal card holders adornded with glass cabs.
- Entertaining Sets - Appetizer canapé knife and prong fork sets, also larger cheese or cake knives -new colors with a small cheese board for gift presentation. These can be custom ordered in any quantity and be available for pick up at the show as well. Call for information.
- Wine stoppers - a showcase of artistic passsion! Perfect for wine, rum, whisky, or olive oil!
- Pens & Stylus's - For writing notes and electronic devices with lampwprk glass beads in the handle.
- Leather & Glass - Large hole chunky, amazinigly comfortable soft yet firm leather bangles with magnet clasps and accent metal components.
- Elegant Sterling Earrings - New Designs with simple elegant glass set in 925 sterling earing posts, and cascading drop styles.
- Bangles - Recycled metals combines with unique and whimsical charms, and glass baubles.. (alex & who??? lol)
- Rings - Rings that are hip and chic with silicone bands and changeable beads.
- Pendants & More - Glass With sterling chains, or velveted cords, hand dyed silk chiffon components and more!
- BEADS – for those of you who are just looking for beads I have them! And the great thing about creating new beads?? There are always more orphan beads made in the process! Orphans are always $1 each! Sets and focal beads available. Pandora styles, and Regaliz sized beads too! Custom work available
- Interchangeable Glass Toppers - A really neat and newer concept in glass! Cabachon style (generally flat back, domed top in circle or oval) glass peices with build in hardware. The addition of this hardware allows it to screw on and off of a base peice (bracelet or necklace). What does this mean? You can swap your tops! There are endless possibilities for combining a new look! See Interchangeable pic below for mor info.
- ART – small paintings & mixed media art. Fun lighthearted art for all. & Custom Artistic Vinyl decal Art -More than just stickers! Custom art for your car, windows, mailbox, and more
And as always... Jewelry Jewelry Jewelry!!!
Always a style for everyone. Rings, bracelets, necklaces, earrings, sets, custom work, organics, bright colors, elegant stylish, and fit for any outfit any setting jewelry you will want to wear and wear again.
Shop all year
273 Tolland Stage Rd, Tolland Ct 06084
What is Glassblowing?
The art of Glassblowing has two major areas of study. Furnace work, and Lampwork. Lampwork is a form of Glassblowing done on a torch, usually melting down rods of glass into sculpture, pendants & functional pieces with or without blowing air into the structure. It can also be wound onto a metal mandrel piece, hollow or solid to make beads, and other items. Furnace work is more commonly though of when speaking of glassblowing, and utilizes large metal pipes to pick up molton glass from a melting pot, and is worked into various forms with or without blowing air into the structure.